YES! It’s (pretty much) Summertime!
Summer, like winter, requires its own special beauty and skincare & make up tricks.
Warmer weather brings us different skin concerns and inspires our desires for different looks! So, I’ve rounded up my most favourite 21 top summer beauty & make up tips as a little helping hand to help keep you keep your cool this summer…
‘21 Hot Summer Make up & Beauty Tips’
1. Freeze Aloe Vera in ice cube trays for sunburn relief – yep! Simply pop some Aloe Vera gel in ice cube trays and voila’ snap one out the tray when needed and TRUST me, it works miracles!
2. Remove bikini rash with crushed aspirin, Aspirin contains salicylic acid that helps exfoliate and smooth bikini bumps quickly. Mix the crushed pills with honey and water to get rid of ingrown hairs and redness.
3. For cracked dry feet, use Vaseline and cotton socks for an overnight miracle.
4. Beat the heat with mint lotion – To keep yourself cool without a pool, apply mint lotion. It’s tingly and ticks your skin into feeling cooler.
5. Eliminate sweat stains with lemon juice, Spray lemon juice on your clothes right before washing them.
6. Use bronzer correctly. If i could tell the world just one thing, it would be that bronzer isn’t a second-step foundation, and you don’t wear it all over your face. Keep it on the apples of the cheeks if you just want a little tint, or lightly apply it over your forehead and right below your cheek bone. Be sure to blend harsh lines and keep metallic to a minimum to avoid an overly shiny look.
7. Use a T-shirt to dry your hair for frizz-free hair – Take a cotton t-shirt to the beach or pool with you to prevent the poof!
8. Preserve your razor blade by soaking it in olive oil, With how much you use your razor during the summer, you want to extend its life as long as possible. Just coat it in olive oil to prevent rust and give it a few more days.
9. Fix any summer self-tanning mishaps with baking soda! Mix a tea spoon of baking soda with warm water, apply it to a loafer and use firm circular motions to remove any mishaps.
10. Pop your nail varnishes in the fridge. Nail polish left out in the heat can form bubbles which will cause them to thicken quickly, keep your favourites in the fridge to keep them smooth!
11. Soothe a sunburnt face with natural yoghurt! yes ladies, i’ve been that girl that sneaks out a plain natural yoghurt from breakfast at the all-inclusive holiday resort, to rush back to my room to soothe my burning face – trust me, it works!
12. Use Oil on Your Skin, Even If It’s Already Oily, This probably sounds crazy, but using an oil- based product to remove makeup or excess dirt from your skin can actually improve your epidermis’ condition. Why? Over-cleaning stimulates the sebum glands, which causes skin to over-produce oil. Using oil-based products will have the opposite effect.
13. Remove Nail Polish without Remover, if you run out of nail polish remover, you can remove cracked or chipped nail polish by applying a clear top coat to the nail and removing it promptly with a cotton ball.
14. Keep oil blotting sheets on hand to dab away oil throughout the day. It will keep your face looking fresh.
15. Ditch your powder blush for tinted crème blush, it looks more natural than powder blush and blends easily into sun-kissed skin.
16. Wear white eyeliner in your water line to make eyes appear less red, in the brightness of the holiday sun…the struggle is real!
17. Shave with conditioner, if you’re out of shaving cream, lather your legs with conditioner instead of soap. Conditioner will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave (and it will leave your skin feeling extra silky).
18. Switch it up! Switch to a liquid wand applicator lipstick – this will help prevent your favourite lipstick from melting.
19. Cool it! Keep your eyeliners, brow pencils etc in the fridge to help fight the heat!
20. Lighten Up! Think of foundation this way, the less you put on, the less there is to slide off. A dampened makeup sponge is the ideal tool for applying it so that it goes on light and sheer. Put a few drops on a damp foam-latex sponge, and swipe it from the middle of your face outward in short strokes. Give it a minute or so to set before you apply other makeup.
21. Sweat proof Your Lashes – Waterproof mascara is a no-brainer in the summer. It can withstand the office, the gym, the pool, and the bar without smudging.
I hope you found these tips useful, and remember to look after your skin during the Summer months! 🙂